Listing ID: 15708 Last Refreshed: 26/05/2019 Total Views: 2071
Start a Eighteen Chefs franchise today!
Eighteen Chefs is a social enterprise that serves a variety of quality western cuisine dishes at affordable prices.
Founded by ex-offender Mr Benny Se Teo in 2007, Eighteen Chefs Pte Ltd is a social enterprise that serves a variety of quality western cuisine dishes at affordable prices. It engages youths-at-risk and ex-offenders through its on the job training, and has employed them across its outlets. Such employment of the beneficiaries makes up about 30% of its current staff strength. Eighteen Chefs adopts an innovative dining concept that allows customers to mix and match dishes and sauces in over 100 combinations. It also provides the customers a creative platform to do artwork on its restaurant walls. In addition, it has also embarked on unique service initiatives such as providing cooking classes during off-peak periods, as well as giving talks to schools and corporations as part of its community outreach programmes.
Eighteen Chefs is not just a local business; it is an enterprise with dreams to “save” those from the crooked ways. A platform for troubled youths and those with conviction backgrounds; providing them a safe and non-judgemental working environment… A chance for ex-offenders who wants to reform and are seeking employment that could be a start to something positive. We are looking for individuals who share the same vision of quality western cuisine dishes at affordable prices and providing disadvatanged groups a safe and non-judgemental working environment
2009 - Honoree - Spirit of Enterprise Award
2010 - Simply Dining Award from Simply Dining
2012 - Social Enterprise of the Year from President's Challenge
2013 - Emerging Enterprise award from The Business Times and OCBC Bank.
2015 - RAS Epicurean Star Award 2015 for Best Chain (Western) Restaurant and overall Best of the Best Chain Restaurant.
2015 - SME One Asia Award
Initial and on-going training and support 18 CHEFS undertake:
- To provide initial training to staff of the Franchisee, covering various aspects of the Business and standard operating procedures;
- To provide on-going training and training materials from time to time as deemed necessary by 18 CHEFS to improve the skills, product and equipment operating knowledge of the staff;
- To provide the Franchisee with on-going management, business development, operating and sales & marketing advice in connection with the Business, by telephone, fax, mail and electronic mail; and To visit the Franchisee for the purpose of reviewing market development, actual performance, problem solving, budgeting, planning and transfer of new products and services, in connection with the Business.
- 18 CHEFS shall make available to the Franchisee any current and up to date improvements, enhancements or upgrades, which are incorporated to the Manual;
1. "First S'pore social enterprise franchise". AsiaOne Business.
2. Chi, Leisha (17 November 2014). "Former convict cooks up social change with restaurant chain - BBC News". bbc.com. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
3. Lijie, Huang (14 April 2014). "Former drug addict cooking up social change, Food News & Top Stories - The Straits Times". straitstimes.com.
Retrieved 3 September 2015.
4. "Chef Benny Se Teo swaps a thug life for a kitchen knife - CNN.com". cnn.com. 3 January 2015. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
5. HUANG LIJIE. "Former drug addict cooking up social change". The Straits Times.
6. "Former convict cooks up social change with restaurant chain". BBC News.
7. "HONOUREES 2009". 2359studios.com.
9. "2012 Award Winners". pc.org.sg.
10. "2015's best local restaurants named at RAS Epicurean Star Awards". todayonline.com.
Buying a franchise can be a viable alternative to starting your own business.
Listed below are some advantages of buying a franchise.
Franchising is seen by many as a simple way to go into business for the first time. But franchising is no guarantee of success and the same principles of good management - such as informed decision-making, hard work, time management, having enough money and serving your customers well - still apply.
Potential franchisees must meet the following basic criteria:
- Share Eighteen Chefs Vision & Philosophy.
- Possesses entrepreneurial frame of mind with social responsibility.
- Able to meet financial and operative requirements.
- Positive energy to create and manage an organization under EIghteen Chefs corporate support.
- Positive attitude, willingness to accept 'change' and trainability.
- Preferably owner operated.
Estimated start up cost in a shopping mall is between $500K to $600K,including:
- Rental Deposit
- Renovation Costs
- Kitchen Equipment
- Operation Inventory
- Working Capital
- Franchise Fee
This is a franchise business for sale. For more details, please call William or send a message to arrange for a non-obligation initial discussion.